Senior Care Services - South Miami
South Miami is a vibrant and welcoming city that caters to the needs of its elderly population with a wide range of services and amenities. Located in the heart of Miami-Dade County, this community prides itself on its commitment to promoting a high quality of life for people of all ages, including seniors.
The healthcare services in South Miami are top-notch, with numerous medical facilities, clinics, and hospitals conveniently located within the city and its vicinity. Residents have access to a network of experienced physicians, specialists, and healthcare professionals who specialize in geriatric care. These professionals provide comprehensive medical care, preventive screenings, and ongoing management of chronic conditions, ensuring that the elderly population receives the support they need to maintain their health and well-being.
Hospitals and Health Centers
- Baptist Health South Miami Hospital - 6200 SW 73rd St, Miami, FL 33143
- Rosie Lee Wesley Health Center - 6601 SW 62nd Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
- South Miami Medical Arts Center - 7300 SW 62nd Pl, South Miami, FL 33143
- South Miami Medical Square - 7300 SW 62nd Pl, South Miami, FL 33143
- Baptist Health Doctors Hospital - 5000 University Dr. Coral Gables, FL 33146
- Larkin Hospital South Miami - 7031 SW 62nd Ave, South Miami, FL 33143
Transportation is an essential aspect of senior-friendly services in South Miami. The city recognizes the importance of mobility for seniors and offers various transportation options to cater to their needs. Public transportation services, including buses and trains, are designed to be accessible and accommodating for individuals with mobility challenges. Additionally, South Miami provides specialized transportation services specifically tailored for seniors, offering door-to-door pick-up and drop-off to medical appointments, shopping centers, and recreational activities.
- Freebee On-Demand Shuttle - FREE on demand shuttle service (download app)
- Special Transportation Service (STS) - Door to door shuttle for the disabled (cost $3.50)
- Miami Dade Public Transport - Miami has various offerings for public transport including Bus, metrorail, shuttle, and other types of transport available and low or no cost to seniors
- Tri Rail - Running from Miami to West Palm this train for over 32 years. (from $3 - $8.75 one way)
- Brightline Miami to Orlando - Currently running from Miami to West Palm. The Orlando station is scheduled to open in Sept. 2023. (Fares $79 - $149 Mia-Orl)
South Miami also values the social and recreational needs of its elderly population. The city’s parks and recreation department organizes a range of programs and activities specifically designed for seniors. These may include fitness classes, arts and crafts workshops, social clubs, and group outings to local attractions. Such initiatives encourage social interaction, foster a sense of community, and promote an active and fulfilling lifestyle for older adults.
The local government and community organizations in South Miami work hand in hand to provide support services for seniors. These may include counseling services, support groups, and information resources, helping older adults navigate the complexities of aging and connecting them with relevant community resources.
Overall, South Miami is a city that prioritizes the well-being and inclusivity of its elderly population. With its wide range of services tailored to meet their needs, it ensures that seniors can enjoy a fulfilling and enriching lifestyle, supported by excellent healthcare, transportation options, social engagement, and a strong sense of community.