As one enters the golden years, finding the perfect place to call home becomes paramount. Hialeah, a thriving city located in Miami-Dade County, has emerged as a sought-after destination for seniors seeking a fulfilling and enriching lifestyle. With its senior-friendly infrastructure, robust healthcare services, strong sense of community, and a myriad of amenities, Hialeah stands as an excellent choice for seniors looking to enjoy their retirement years to the fullest.
At the heart of Hialeah lies a warm and welcoming community that embraces people of all ages, including seniors. The city’s strong community support creates a sense of belonging and camaraderie among its residents. Seniors find solace in an environment that fosters meaningful social connections, support networks, and an inclusive atmosphere.
There is an abundance of health care options in Hialeah. Most are near public transport routes. Here are the major hospitals and clinics.
Hospitals and Health Centers
- Hialeah Hospital - 651 E 25th St · (305) 693-6100
- Pasteur Hialeah Gardens Medical Center
- Mount Sinai Primary & Specialty Care Hialeah - 2150 W 68 St. · (305) 558-8700
- Larkin Community Hospital Palm Springs Campus (Hialeah) - 1475 W 49th Pl (305) 558-2500
- Palmetto General Hospital - 7150 W 20th Ave #615 - (786) 475-1985
- University Health Care - Hialeah - 1700 W 68th St (305) 556-6459
- La Colonia Medical Center - East Hialeah - 370 E 1st Ave - (786) 687-107
- University Health Care - East Hialeah - 1601 E 4th Ave - (786) 257-469
- Las Mercedes Medical Centers - Hialeah West - 2750 W 68th St Suite 127 - 128 - (305) 423-40
Transportation Hialeah offers a robust network of services designed specifically for seniors. The city is home to numerous senior centers, offering activities such as fitness classes, arts and crafts, computer training, and social events. In addition, many centers provide free meals and transportation services. There are numerous transportation options for seniors both public and private offerings.
- Freebee On-Demand Shuttle - FREE on demand shuttle service (download app)
- Special Transportation Service (STS) - Door to door shuttle for the disabled (cost $3.50)
- Miami Dade Public Transport - Miami has various offerings for public transport including Bus, metrorail, shuttle, and other types of transport available and low or no cost to seniors
- Tri Rail - Running from Miami to West Palm this train for over 32 years. (from $3 - $8.75 one way)
- Brightline Miami to Orlando - Currently running from Miami to West Palm. The Orlando station is scheduled to open in Sept. 2023. (Fares $79 - $149 Mia-Orl)
Hialeah, Florida, offers a wide array of activities that cater to the interests and lifestyles of seniors. Hialeah has a number of beautiful parks, including Amelia Earhart Park and the Hialeah Gardens. Seniors can enjoy walking, picnicking, bird watching, or simply relaxing in these green spaces. The city’s sunny climate allows for year-round outdoor activities.
Hialeah is home to various senior centers, such as the Goodlet Adult Center and the Milander Center for Arts and Entertainment. These centers often host a range of activities including fitness classes, arts and crafts workshops, computer classes, dance lessons, and social events. They provide a great way for seniors to stay active and engaged, and to connect with their peers.
Seniors interested in continuing education can take advantage of classes and lectures offered by local community centers or colleges. Subjects can range from history and literature to computer skills and foreign languages. Other activities include, golf at Country Club of Miami and the Miami Springs Golf & Country Club, volunteering, fishing and shopping.
- James Goodlet Adult Center - 900 W 44th Place 305 825-4947
- Hialeah Miami Lakes Adult Education Center- An adult education center offering a wide variety of classes in diverse skills.
- Adult Day Care -There are numerous adult day care options in Hialeah. They provide transport, activities, meals and good socialization opportunities. Check your insurance to see if they qualify or ask them directly for help with payment. A quick internet search will yield many results in your area.